When the weather is hot, you may find your dog wanting to chill in the shade.
Eating or licking an ice cube or lolly is a fantastic way to cool your dog down quickly if the Summer heat it too much for them. We have put together a fruity smoothie recipe for you to try at home using our cold pressed dog food for a cooling treat!
Dog ice lollies couldn't be easier! With all of the ingredients being something you will most likely already have in the kitchen, the only thing you'll really need is a mould. We suggest using a paw print or dog bone ice cube tray!
Fruity ice lolly recipe
- A handful blueberries
- 1 banana, mashed
- A couple of strawberries
- A little water if required
- A sprinkle of favourite Wilsons cold pressed
1. Blend the blueberries, strawberries and banana until smooth.
2. Depending on how thick the consistency is, you may need to add a little water to make the mix more liquid and easy to pour into the mould.
3. Pour the mixture evenly into the ice cube tray.
4. Scatter your dog's favourite Wilsons cold pressed flavour across the top of the mould and place in the freezer overnight.
5. Once frozen, pop out these cooling treats as and when you need them for those hot sunny day!
Share your own dog recipes using our food with us on social media by tagging us @wilsonspetfood. We can't wait to see you try it!