When the weather is hot, you may find your dog wanting to chill in the shade.
Eating or licking an ice cube or lolly is a fantastic way to cool your dog down quickly if the Summer heat it too much for them. We have put together a crunchy fruit and veg recipe for you to try at home using our cold pressed dog food for a cooling treat.
Dog ice lollies couldn't be easier! With all of the ingredients being something you will most likely already have in the kitchen, the only thing you'll really need is a mould. We suggest using a paw print or dog bone ice cube tray!
Crunchy ice lolly recipe
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2 a raw carrot, grated
- 300ml water
- A sprinkle of favourite Wilsons cold pressed
1. Grate 1 carrot and 1 apple together into a bowl.
2. Add a mix of both to each section in your ice cube tray, filling to about half way.
3. Top up the mould with some fresh cold water from the tap.
4. Scatter your dog's favourite Wilsons cold pressed flavour across the top of the mould and place in the freezer overnight.
5. Once frozen, pop out these cooling treats as and when you need them for those hot sunny day!
Share your own dog recipes using our food with us on social media by tagging us @wilsonspetfood. We can't wait to see you try it!