We're in the midst of the stunning Summer weather we have all been hoping for!
As humans, there is a plethora of frozen snacks available such as ice-cream and ice lollies for us to enjoy on those hot sunny days in the garden, but we shouldn't leave out our four legged friends.
We have put together a recipe using our cold pressed dog food to create a tasty homemade treat to cool your dog down this summer. This recipe is simple and easy to make, with the majority of the ingredients being those you will already have in the kitchen.
Dog friendly ice-cream recipe
- 4 tablespoons unflavoured low-fat Greek yogurt (ensure it is xylitol free)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A sprinkle of favourite Wilsons cold pressed
- Your dog's favourite fruit - we love this recipe with added blueberries!
1. Mash 1 banana in a bowl with a fork until it is a paste consistency.
2. Add this to a food blender along with the yogurt and honey. Blend together for a minute or two to ensure the banana and other ingredients are smooth.
3. Add a few pellets of your dog's favourite Wilsons cold pressed to a paw print or dog bone ice cube tray so that every bite will be completely delicious!
4. Pour the ice cream mix into the ice cube tray.
5. Chop up some of your dog's favourite fruit, we love to use blueberries, and scatter this across the top too.
6. Place in the freezer overnight until the cubes are fully frozen.
7. Once frozen, pop out the cool treats as and when required for your dog to enjoy!
Share your own dog recipes using our food with us on social media by tagging us @wilsonspetfood. We can't wait to see you trying out our cooling ice cream!